Entrance | international student
Students can apply to the special tender of access and entry to international students if:
- They hold a foreign qualification which grants them the right to apply and enter the higher education system in that same country;
- they are holders of a Portuguese secondary education diploma or legally equivalent qualification, confirmed by document certifying the foreign course is equivalent to a Portuguese secondary school course.
International students who, cumulatively, gather the following entrance conditions may be admitted to the tender if:
- They demonstrate specific academic qualification for entrance in the intended study cycle, in accordance with annex 1 of the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra International Student Statute Regulation;
- They have a level of knowledge of the Portuguese language (level B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), attested by supporting documents, or through a written and oral exam. The applicants who have attended secondary education in Portuguese, or who come from Portuguese-speaking countries, are exempt of written and oral exams, as long as they state, in writing, an independent command of the language.
- They meet the required entrance pre-requirements for the intended institution and programme, in accordance with annex 1 of the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra International Student Statute Regulation;
The applications, with a minimum classification of 100 (0 to 200 scale), are presented through the website of the organisational unit of the intended study cycle, within the deadline established by Circular of the President of the Polytechnic of Coimbra.
However, the applicant must present the document originals sent in digital format, which conduct the application, without prejudice of having to present these previously, whenever the analysis of the same raises any doubt in the services. So, the applicants should be in Coimbra by then.
The academic year starts in September and ends in July, and there are three holiday periods: Christmas, Easter and Summer.
» Executive Order No. 36/2014. D.R. no. 48, Series I of 2014-03-10 - Regulates the status of international students.
» Executive Order No. 113/2014 D.R. no. 135, Series I of 2014-07-16 - Amending the wording of Article 13, Executive Order No. 36/2014. D.R. no. 48, Series I of 2014-03-10.
» Circular no. 8596/2014. D.R. No. 125, Series II of 2014-07-02 - Approves the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra International Student Statute Regulation
» Circular no. SP/51/2017 - Special Tender for Access and Entrance of International Students