MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses) is a wide-ranging open online course taught over the web, which aims to offer a large number of learners the opportunity to broaden their knowledge.
How do MOOCs work?
– Registration and attendance is free of charge for the trainee;
– The courses are asynchronous, they can be attended whenever the learner wants, without a scheduled time or place;
– The subject is divided into modules and the assessment is made through assignments and multiple-choice tests;
– All study tools remain available during term time;
– The entire course is carried out online;
– There may be a cost to the trainee to obtain a course certificate.