The methodology of this course, according to its essence, emphasizes participatory methods, collaboration, intervention and critical reflection. It requires, therefore, an active contribution of the student either in the personal or the collective learning process.
Continuous assessment includes the quality of the individual contribution of participation in activities within the curricular unit (25%) and a Team Project (T = 75%: Analysis plan (5%); Analysis and Design (20%); Implementation (20%); Report (20%) and Presentation and Discussion (10%)).
The exam includes the design of a community intervention project (80%) and oral presentation and defense of the project (20%).
– Identify the steps of the planning process
– Plan and make an analysis, defining the criteria for its preparation, methods and techniques
– Establish goals and formulate strategies and concerted action
– Develop a activity plan and timetable
– Implement and manage the Project
– Plan a budget for activities and project
– Define indicators for project evaluation, as well as the methods and means by which to collect them. – Evaluate the project
– Disseminate the project according to the different audiences
1. Concept and history of planning. Participatory design methodology, elements and assumptions. Stages of the planning process2. Construction of the analysis, analysis methods and techniques. Definition of goals, general objectives, specific objectives and strategies
3. Development of programs and projects, components of the activity plan
4. Project management tools and management support
5. Project budget
6. Evaluation: organizing an evaluation team, criteria, indicators, methods and techniques and evaluation tools. Evaluation of evaluation
7. Project dissemination techniques
Curricular Unit Teachers
- - written test - 80.0%
- - Project presentation - 20.0%
- - Group Project Design - 75.0%
- - Individual tasks - 25.0%
Council of Europe, (2000). Project Management T-Kit. Strasbourg: Council of Europe.
Dias, Nelson (2007), Planeamento e Avaliação de Projectos. Mimeo.
Caffarella, R. (2002). Planning Programs for Adult Learners: A Practical Guide for Educators, Trainers, and Staff Developers. New York: Jossey-Bass.
Fetterman, D. & Wandersman, A. (Eds.)(2005). Empowerment Evaluation: Principles in Practice. New York: The Guilford Press.
Cousins, J., Chouinard, J. (2012). Participatory evaluation up close. Charlotte: IAP.
Pereira, F. (Coord.) (2012). Teoria e Prática da Gerontologia. Viseu: Psicosoma.
Ray, M., Bernard, M., & Philips, J. (2009). Critical issues in social work with older people. London: Palgrave McMillan.
Pau?l, C., & Ribeiro, O?. (Coords.) (2012). Manual de Gerontologia. Lisboa: Lidel.
Shiefer, U.; Bal-Dóbel, L.; Batista, A.; Dóbel, R.; Nogueira, J. Teixeira, P. (2006). MAPA – Manual de Planeamento e Avaliação de Projectos. Cascais: Principia.