As this is an introductory curricular unit to information and communication technologies, no previous knowledge is necessary.
The curricular unit is taught through theoretical-practical classes, but with clear distinction made between a theoretical component (data, information, information systems, computer systems, computer networks) and a practical component (where productivity applications are used: word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations).
In this curricular unit it is expected the students to acquire sensibility to the issues of everyday computer use, with special focus on the following items:
* Know the fundamentals of an information system;
* Know and identify the base components of computer systems (both hardware and softeare) and common characteristics of computer networks;
* Use efficiently the services available on the Internet, namely e-mail, the world wide web, and cloud computing and storage;
* Use common productivity tools for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
The curricular unit addresses the following items:
* Information systems: fundamental concepts of information and information technologies; fundamentals of hardware and software; operative systems for the common user; computer applications; internet services; etc.
* Word processing: document formatting (fonts, images, footnotes, styles, etc.); pagination; automatic indices; cross-references; etc.
* Datasheets: books and sheets; formulas; graphs; conditional formatting; etc..
* Presentations: content formatting (fonts, images, sounds, videos, etc.); custom animations; transitions; global templates; etc.
Curricular Unit Teachers
- - Three Practical Works: Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Presentations - 60.0%
- - test - 40.0%
- - exam - 100.0%
MARQUES, Paulo Capela. Exercícios de Excel 2010. FCA – Editora de Informática
JESUS, Carla. Exercícios de Word 2010 & 2007. FCA – Editora de Informática
AMARAL, Luís, VARAJÃO, João. Planeamento de Sistemas de Informação. FCA – Editora de Informática
MARQUES, Paulo Capela. Exercícios de PowerPoint 2010 & 2007. FCA – Editora de Informática
ALMEIDA, Luís Miguel Alçada Tomás de. Computadores e tecnologias da informação: uma introdução ao mundo digital. Coimbra: IDTec. 2003