The evaluation method respects Escola Superior de Educação’s internal regulations. Students may choose one of two possible assessment modalities. Summative assessment implies a comprehensive written exam, worth 100% of the students’ grade. Consultation will not be allowed. Continuous assessment will be based on permanent commitment and quality of participation regarding individual/group activities(10%) and also on the results of a piece of work (40%)and test (60%). The unit’s theoretical and practical content implies theoretical lectures, individual and group work and student managed lessons. The students’ participation and commitment to managing their own learning process will be valued.
1. Knowing and mastering concepts, fundamentals, values, strategies and practices in education and socio-cultural/socio-educational animation.
2. Providing learning experiences to/with elderly people and maintainig/promoting a rich and stimulating environment.
3. Support the elderly to plan their ageing strategies, promote new interests and activities, stimulating physical and mental vitality and actively occupying their free time.
4. Planning and developing education and animation activities targeting elderly people in a local community.
1. Animation of the elderly:
1.1 Evolution of the concept;
1.2 Socio-educational animation and socio-cultural animation;
2. Techniques for the animation of the elderly:
2.1 Space and time of education/ leasure, diversity and flexibility of contents, instruments and learning techniques;
2.2 Contexts/institutions/ services of non-formal education and socio-cultural animation;
3. Planning animation activities:
3.1 Development of animation and aducation activities: cultural and educational; occupational; and aimed at psychic physical development.
Curricular Unit Teachers
- - group activities - 10.0%
- - test - 60.0%
- - paper - 30.0%
- - test - 100.0%
Crespo, J., & Limon, Mª R. (2002). Grupos de debate para mayores: Guia prática para animador. Madrid: Narcea , S.A.
Carvalho, N. C. (2009). Dinâmicas para Idosos. Petropolis: Ed. Vozes.
Choques, S., & Choques, J. (2000). Actividades de Animación para la Tercera Edad. Barcelona: Editorial Pai do Tribo.
Fernandez-Balesteros, R. (2000). Gerontologia Social. Madrid: Ediciones Piramide.
Jacob, L. (2007) Animação de Idosos. Porto: Ambar.
Lima, M. P. (2006). Posso Participar? Actividades de desenvolvimento pessoal para idosos. Porto: Ambar.
Osório, A. (coord.) (2007). As Pessoas Idosas: Contexto Social e Intervenção Educativo. Lisboa: Instituto Piaget.
Paul, C., & Fonseca, A. M. (coords.) (2007). Envelhecer em Portugal. Manuais Universitários 42. Lisboa: Climepsi Editores.
Santos et al. (Orgs.) (2012). Transição para reforma/aposentação: contributos para a adaptação. Viseu: Psicosoma.
Serrano, G. (2008). Elaboração de Projectos Sociais: Casos práticos. Porto: Porto Editora.