Community Interface Office (GIC) strengthens connection to the territory
The Polytechnic of Coimbra wants to increase collaborations with external entities
The Polytechnic of Coimbra (IPC) recently created the Community Interface Office (GIC) which aims to strengthen the connection of this institution to the territory and foster its institutional relations, in order to increase the number of collaborations with other entities.
With the introduction of this office, IPC intends to increase the provision of services to the community and the actions carried out under the protocols streamlined via IPC, but above all it aims to address external and internal needs identified in the management of these processes.
Externally, the goal is to define a contact point and create a constant communication mechanism with the various institutions to respond to external challenges, namely when they are transversal to the different Organic Units (OU(s)). Internally, the goal is to create conditions so that various requests can be executed in a simple and transparent way and progressively relieve the administrative process for teachers and OU(s).
The Polytechnic of Coimbra intends to be a partner in market solutions and in that sense has recently created the Office of Interface with the Community (GIC) aiming at promoting and coordinating a strategy of connection to the community, transversal, in order to stimulate reinvestment in research, innovation and the provision of services, which promotes an effective connection to the institutions and companies of the territory.
– Promote and coordinate a strategy for connecting the transversal community to IPC in order to foster reinvestment in research, innovation and service provision;
– Establish institutional relationships with IPC partners, in order to contribute to the external promotion of our areas of activity, valences and specialties, as a way to attract strategic partners, increase the connection to companies and co-promotion projects;
– Create conditions that promote support for the creation of companies resulting from projects developed within the institution;
– Coordinate mechanisms to support applications for national and international funding;
– Develop contacts with public and private institutions, in order to create formal links and enable the creation of more efficient channels of connection to the territory;
– Ensure the mapping of the service provision supply of each Organic Unit of the IPC to the community, and articulate its implementation with the assigned representative of the Organic Units;
– Monitor cooperation and service provision protocols between IPC and entities;
– Promote the creation of internal synergies with the aim of developing joint services and solutions for the community.
More information: email@example.com