The Management Board consists of five members:
– The President of the IPC, who presides;
– A Vice-President, appointed by the IPC President;
– The IPC Administrator;
– Two Presidents of IPC’s teaching units, appointed by the President, by proposal of their peers.
The other Presidents of the organic units, a student representative and a representative of the non-teaching staff are invited to participate, without the right to vote, in the Management Board meetings.The students’ representative is appointed by the Students’ Associations and the non-teaching staff representative is proposed by the non-teaching staff.
Members of the Management Board:
– IPC President – Prof. Doutor Jorge Conde
– IPC Vice-President – Prof. Doutor José Gaspar
– IPC Administrator – Prof. Daniel Roque Gomes
– President of ISCAC – Prof. Doutor Pedro Costa
– President of ISEC – Prof. Mário Velindro
– President of ESAC – Prof. Doutor João Noronha
– President of ESEC – Prof. Rui Antunes
– President of ESTeSC – Prof. João Joaquim
– President of ESTGOH – Architect Carlos Veiga
– Director of the Institute of Applied Research (I2A) – Prof. Jorge Bernardino
– Student Representative – Hugo Fonseca
– Representative of the non-teaching staff – Dr. Rui Branco Lopes
Under the terms of the law and these statutes, the Management Board shall be responsible for the administrative, patrimonial and financial management of the institution, as well as for the management of human resources.
The Management Board is also responsible for fixing the fees and emoluments.
The Board of Directors shall delegate to the proper bodies of the organic units and to the heads of the presidency’s services all the competences deemed necessary for a more efficient management.
In schools that are not under set-up arrangements, the administrative and human resources management of the school is the responsibility of its president.
In schools with financial autonomy, financial management is the responsibility of its Administrative Board.
In the case of schools that do not have financial autonomy, the Administrative Council of the school is given the capacity to: authorize the realization and payment of operating expenses up to the limit foreseen in the activities plan and budget approved by the General Council for that school; manage the school’s own collected revenues; manage the budgets related to projects and service provision under the school’s responsibility.
The School Presidents periodically submit to the IPC President the information, charts and reports which allow for an efficient monitoring of financial execution and determination of budgetary needs of each organic unit, translated into the preparation of reports, memoranda and periodic opinions to be considered by the General Council and the Management Board.