The Social Support Activities Grant (BAAS) is a support programme of the Polytechnic of Coimbra, aimed at its students, enabling them to carry out part-time activities in Organic Units (OU) and Services of the IPC, obtaining an individual social grant, complementary to the various formats of direct and indirect social support.
– enable students to acquire and develop soft skills;
– promote the social and academic integration of students;
– to facilitate the integration of students into the labour market, providing them with a first contact with professional activity;
– contribute to the reduction of school dropouts;
– strengthen the link between students and the IPC.
Support – the value of the grant cannot exceed the Social Support Index (IAS)/month, i.e. 438.81 €/euros/month (for the academic year 2020/2021), nor exceed 25 hours per week of activity and may take the following forms:
– cash grant;
– valid meal vouchers in the SASIPC food and nutrition unit (canteens);
– payment of accommodation at the SASIPC’s residences;
– contribution to the payment of tuition fees.
Type of Activities:
– to guard study rooms and other spaces for collective use;
– to collaborate in research projects;
– to collaborate in the elaboration of scripts for laboratory, field and similar works, in the scope of subjects in lower levels of learning;
– to collaborate in the canteens and cafeterias of the SAS of IPC;
– to collaborate as a student-tutor in supporting the integration of disabled students;
– to collaborate in monitoring projects and other curricular activities of students at lower levels of learning;
– occasional collaboration in the laboratory, technical, administrative and support structures of the OUs and services of the IPC;
– others not listed, approved by this Programme’s Analysis and Management Committee.
Students interested in applying for this grant should consult periodically, throughout the academic year, the offer of activities through the publication of Notices, and may request to be notified whenever a new activity arises.
It is also advisable to consult the SASIPC’s BAAS Regulation
Publicising activities and application
BAAS activities are publicised through a specific Notice:
To access the form follow these steps:
(The form is only available after you have logged in)