Sustainable energy consumption
Energy is part of everyone’s daily life. Whether at work, at home, or even on the street, its presence is almost constant and is also essential. Therefore, it is important to use it consciously and, thus, the Polytechnic of Coimbra has been developing a series of actions to continuously improve its energy performance.
Energy Efficiency Projects financed by applications to the Operational Programme for Sustainability and Efficiency in the Use of Resources (PO SEUR):
– Awareness/information/training actions on energy saving and promotion of energy efficiency, for example, by placing stickers alluding to the topic at various strategic points in the Institution.
Environmental impact of the measures implemented
– Increased energy efficiency;
– Increased durability of equipment;
– Improvement of the infrastructural conditions of buildings;
– Improvement of indoor air quality and thermal comfort of buildings;
– Reduction of energy consumption;
– Reduction of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.