Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply for ERASMUS mobility?

Students can apply for ERASMUS mobility if
A- They are attending the 2nd enrollment of a Degree or CTESP, in the case of study mobility (SMS); Thet are attending the 1st enrollment of a Degree or CTESP, in the case of traineeship mobility (SMT);
B- They are studying for a Master’s degree;
C- Newly Graduates, during the first year of their degree – only for the mobility for traineeship (SMT).


What is the minimum and maximum duration of mobility?

For study mobilities, the minimum duration is 3 months and the maximum duration is 12 months.

For work placement mobilities, the minimum duration is 2 months and the maximum duration is 12 months.

Newly graduates can carry out an Erasmus placement, for a maximum period of 12 months of the cycle, during which they apply for the placement.


What is the minimum and maximum limit of ECTS that I can do under mobility?

There is no ECTS limit but the successful completion of the course is compulsory. However, it is recommended that you obtain information from the Academic Services of your School.


Do I need to have language skills in the language of the country of mobility?

No, language skills in the language of the host country are not required. However, basic English skills are required in order to communicate more easily (B1 – third level of English). Through mobility you may also have the opportunity to learn and acquire basic knowledge in the language of the destination country as well as a better understanding of its culture.


How can I apply for ERASMUS?

You will receive a notification in Inforestudante with information about the deadlines for Erasmus mobility application. During this deadline you can make your application in Inforestudante through the menu Applications/Outgoing mobility.


When and how do I know if I have been selected?

Your Teaching Unit (UOE) will make available a complete list of all students who applied for mobility. This document shows the outcome of the application, as well as any comments regarding the applications submitted. This document will be made available on the website and physically posted in the educational institution.


What selection criteria are applied?

Specific selection criteria are set by the School you attend, but fall within the following general criteria:

  1. Academic merit;
  2. The economic and financial situation;
  3. The student motivation;
  4. Level of knowledge in English.


Do I pay fees at the foreign host institution? Where should I make the payment?

Students, both in study mobility and internship, are exempt from paying fees at the foreign host institution. However, this payment must be made at your school, as you did in the previous semesters.

Students taking part in a higher education mobility project supported by the Erasmus+ Programme, whether or not they receive an Erasmus+ EU grant for their participation, are exempted from paying tuition fees, as well as fees for enrolment, exams or access to laboratories and libraries at the host institutions. However, some fees may be charged, such as school insurance, student association fees, use of photocopiers, laboratory products, etc., on an equal basis with local students.


If I want to go on an Erasmus mobility scheme, what do I need to do to register?

You will have to do it through Inforestudante in the menu Applications/Outgoing Mobility within the deadlines set for that purpose. The enrolment is a mandatory condition to perform an Erasmus mobility.


Who takes care of the mobility accommodation?

You are responsible for your accommodation in your host country. However, the International Relations Office at your school can help you if you choose to stay in a student residence of the host institution.


What are the amounts of the mobility grants?

The amounts of the grants are fixed within the framework of the amounts pre-defined by the Erasmus+ National Agency for each academic year.

The amount depends on the destination country and increases or decreases according to the standard of living/cost of living in that country. Currently, there are three categories that divide the countries of the European Union.


How is the mobility grant paid?

The IPC makes the payment by bank transfer in two instalments;
– The 1st instalment, which consists of 90% of the total amount of the grant, is transferred before the beginning of the mobility.

– The 2nd instalment, which consists of 10% of the total amount of the grant, is paid after receipt of the documents proving the completion of the mobility (certificate of stay and transcript of notes) and confirmation of submission of the report in Mtool+.

Payment must occur within the deadlines set, except in exceptional situations.


Can I apply for other economic aid besides the mobility grant?

Yes, you can ask your school about the existence of these types of scholarships and their eligibility conditions for the submission of applications. You should inform the International Relations Office of the Educational Institution if you want to apply for this additional aid.


If I am a grantee, will I continue to receive it along with the study grants?

Yes. Students who are entitled to any grant or loan to study at their home institution should retain this entitlement for the period they are abroad.


Who chooses the course units I will attend at the destination institution?

The study areas in the Organic Education Units/Schools have a Course Coordinator, who will provide guidance in the choice of the study programme. The Academic Coordinator at the destination University will also provide support during the stay.

The study programme is agreed upon before you leave and a Learning Agreement for Studies is drawn up and signed by the student and the International Relations Coordinators from both Higher Education Institutions.


What if I have to change my study programme after the mobility scheme has started?

Before making any changes to the Learning Agreement you should obtain from the Course Coordinator of the host institution all the information regarding course units (CU)/times available for exchange students, as well as the deadlines and procedures set internally for registration. No changes can be made without obtaining the prior approval/validation of your Course Coordinator by email, informing the International Relations Office at your School, of the messages exchanged for this purpose.

To update the Learning Agreement for Studies, you must download the document Changes to the Learning Agreement for Studies, fill it in with the changes made to the initial study programme and return it to the International Relations Office duly signed by you and by the responsible person from the host institution.


How will I get academic recognition for my mobility period?

According to the study contract, the recognition and validation of course units taken at the host institution are ensured by the respective teaching institution. This recognition is done upon receipt of the Transcript of Records/Traineeship Certificate, issued by the host institution, after the Academic Services of the Teaching Units issue a document proving the recognition.


Can I still do Mobility in the UK after Brexit?

The European Agency’s new directives indicate that no new mobilities (SMS, SMT, STA, STT) will be started in the UK beyond the date of 31st January 2020.


Is it possible to go mobile outside Europe?

Yes, IPC has several international agreements with other countries outside Europe. For that purpose you should contact the International Relations Office of your UOE or contact the IPC International Relations Office, through the email .


In case of withdrawal, what can I do?

In case of withdrawal, you must inform the International Relations Office at your school explaining what happened, within a maximum of 1 week from the date on which the event occurred. In case of withdrawal, you will be asked to return all the amount received from the mobility grant.

In cases of force majeure it may be requested to return only part of the amount of the mobility grant. This request has to be assessed and approved by the Erasmus+ National Agency.

During the mobility application you can withdraw, if you wish, at any time during the process.