CTeSP - Higher Technical Professional Course
See here all CTeSPs.
The CTeSP – Higher Technical Professional Course is a course of higher education that does not confer an academic degree, whose successful completion leads to the award of a professional higher technician diploma. They are short duration courses (2 years) that, after concluded, confer level 5 qualification of the National Qualifications Framework and 120 credits.
The CTeSP is composed of a set of curricular units organized into general and scientific training components, technical training and on-the-job training, which is accomplished through an internship that takes place in the last semester and is provided by the Polytechnic of Coimbra.
CTeSP students are entitled to direct and indirect social action.
Who are the CTeSPs aimed at
They can apply to the CTeSP:
– Holders of a secondary education course or legally equivalent qualification;
– Those who have passed the especially adequate tests aimed at assessing the capacity to attend higher education for those over 23 years of age, carried out, for the course in question, under the provisions of Decree-Law No. 64/2006, of March 21st, amended by Decree-Laws No. 113/2014, of July 16th, and 63/2016, of September 13th;
– Holders of a technological specialization diploma, a professional higher technician diploma or a higher education degree who wish to undergo professional requalification.
Admission to higher vocational technical courses takes place through a competition organised by higher education institutions.
The entry requirements for each technical higher professional course are set by the higher education institution, according to the study area in which it is integrated, and the requirements will have as a reference the knowledge and skills corresponding to the secondary education level in the relevant areas for each course.
The conditions for admission, the way of verifying that they are met and the rules to which the competitions are subject to are established in the IPC Regulation approved for that purpose.
Access to Higher Education
Holders of a higher professional technician diploma may, if they wish, apply and enter a bachelor’s or integrated master’s course of study through a special competition.
The application to the 1st course degrees offered by the schools/institutes integrating the IPC depends on the approval in a specific exam organized by this institution.
Students who, having concluded their CTeSP, cumulatively, can be exempted from taking this test:
– have concluded the CTeSP at IPC;
– have passed, in the context of the CTeSP, subjects in the area of the specific entrance examination, with the appropriate level for the progression in the course of study of the degree they intend to enroll.
The application should be made here.
Order No. 6057/2017 | Regulation for Access and Admission to IPC’s Professional Higher Technical Courses.