This curricular unit aims to develop students’ essential skills and abilities to, in the course of their
professional activities, are able to integrate and apply concepts, and monitor Theatre activities as part of
work in gerontology context. Thus, the relationship between objctives and contents are articulated as
objective 1 – content 1 and 2;
objective 2 – contents 1, 2, 3 and 4;
objective 3 – contents 4;
objective 4 – contents 3 and 4.
In this curricular unit the work methodology will be predominantly practical. However, it will appeal to
theoretical explanations by the teacher, to promote the deepening of theoretical content
The various activities proposed will be developed individually, in small and / or large group with the aim of
gradual acquisition of knowledge and skills that allow their intevenção as part of their future professional
activity with older adults.
The avaluation process will be guided by principles of continuous assessment, with a focus on the
A) Practical activities (60%)- Participation, performance and progress of students in proposed activities in
class 2. Behaviors, attitudes and student attendance.
B) Activity theory and practice (40%) -Preparation and presentation of a reasoned proposal of dramatic
activities with seniors. Evaluation by exam (100%) will be made through written and oral test (only if the
classification 8 or 9 points).
1. Be aware of the practical theater activities possibilities with older adults.
2. Understand the benefits of dramatic activities as a way to develop skills of self-expression, confidence
3. Identify events, institutions or trainers who can develop dramatic activities with seniors groups.
4. Know how to select the appropriate theater shows to senior population groups
1. Development of skills and change behaviors and attitudes through dramatic activities: cooperation,
2. Games and exercises performed from different inducers.
3. Introduction to the specificity of theater show.
4. Programming theater activities with seniors.
Curricular Unit Teachers
- - Atividades práticas - 60.0%
- - Atividade teórico-prática - 40.0%
- - test - 100.0%
Balazard, S., & Gentet- Garvasco, E. (1996). Pratiquer le théâtre, de lexpression à la creátion théâtrale.
Paris: Armand Colin.
Bermejo García, L. (2005). Gerontologia educativa: cómo diseñar proyectos educativos com personas
mayores. Buenos Aires: Panamericana.
Lima, M. Pedroso de (2010). Envelhecimento(s). Coimbra: Imprensa da Universidade.
Lima, M. Pedroso de (2004). Posso Participar? Actividades de desenvolvimento pessoal para idosos.
Novelly, M. C. (1998). Jogos teatrais, exercícios para grupos e sala de aulas. São Paulo: Papirus Editora.
Ribeiro, Ó. (2011). Manual de Envelhecimento Activo. Lisboa: Lidel.
Spolin, V. (2001). Improvisação para o teatro. São Paulo: Perspectiva.